The most important event worldwide in the stylistics calendar is the annual PALA conference. Members from anywhere in the world who are interested in the possibility of hosting future PALA conferences is invited to read the guidelines for bidding to organise the conference, and then contact the PALA Chair. See the guidelines.
PALA student members may apply for a bursary from the Roger Fowler Fund. More information on this and the application form can be found on the bursaries page.
- Maribor 2014, 16th to 20th July 2014
at the University of Maribor, Slovenia.
- Heidelberg 2013, 31st July to 4th August.
- Malta 2012, 16-18 July 2012 at the University of Malta, in Valetta.
- Namibia 2011, 5-9 July 2011 at the Polytechnic of Namibia in Windhoek.
- Genoa 2010, 20-25th July 2010.
- Middelburg 2009, at the Roosevelt Academy in the Netherlands, July 28th to August 1st 2009.
- Sheffield 2008, July 23rd to 26th 2008, University of Sheffield.
- Kansai Gaidai 2007, 31st July to the 4th August 2007, Kansai Gaidai University, Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
- Joensuu 2006, 20th to 26th July 2006, Joensuun Yliopisto.
- Huddersfield 2005, 18th to 23rd July 2005, University of Huddersfield.
- New York 2004, New York University.
- Istanbul 2003, Bogazici University
- Birmingham 2002, University of Birmingham
- Budapest 2001, Eötvös Loránd University
- London 2000, Goldsmiths College
- Potchefstroom 1999, Potchefstroom University, South Africa
- Bern 1998, at the University of Bern
- Nottingham 1997, organised by the University of Central England and Wolverhampton University
- Belfast 1996 at Queen's University
- Granada 1995 at the University of Granada
- Sheffield Hallam 1994
- Åbo 1993
- Ghent 1992
- Lancaster 1991
- Amsterdam 1990
- Nottingham 1989
- Birmingham University 1985
- Brighton 1984
- Sheffield University 1983
- Lancaster 1982
- Nottingham 1980